Here are the terms and conditions for Caracalla 1947. Terms and conditions and the content of Caracalla 1947's website (including pricing and products) may be revised without notice and customers are advised to read before using the site.
Customers using this website agree to the stated terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms, you may not use the website.
For all customer service queries, please contact the Caracalla 1947 customer service team at:
14 – 16 Betterton Street
London WC2H 9BU
Registered number: 8084344
Tel: +44 (0) 20 3326 9919 (Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm)
All content on this website, including images, designs, text, logos and graphics, is the property of Caracalla 1947. Caracalla 1947 is a member of ACID (Anti-Copying In Design).
Subject to stock availability, we endeavour to send orders within five working days (Monday to Friday) of purchase. Personalised and bespoke items will have an additional lead time, which will be confirmed during the ordering process.
Shipping costs are in addition to the stated item price, and will be confirmed at the point of purchase. For further information on exact shipping costs, for UK and overseas, please contact us on +44 (0) 20 3326 9919 or email@example.com.
Please note that for overseas orders, customers are required to pay any import duties and taxes once the order has reached the destination country. Please contact your local customs office should you have any queries related to these charges.
These guidelines are determined by our stock availability. Delivery times are for guidance only.
Items that are highlighted as pre-order are subject to a production lead time of up to six months.
For confirmation on exact timings, please contact the Caracalla team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 20 3326 9919.
If a customer is not completely happy with their purchase, we are happy to exchange an item, offer a refund or issue a credit note, provided customers inform us by phone or email of their intention to return any item within seven working days of receipt of the goods.
Once confirmed with us, the item must then be returned unused and in perfect condition within two weeks, with the tags still attached and in the original packaging to the address below:
14 – 16 Betterton Street
London WC2H 9BU
If the product being returned does not meet the stated requirements, we will be unable to offer an exchange, refund or credit note, and items will be returned to customers at their own cost.
We advise customers to return by recorded post as we cannot accept responsibility for items that we do not receive. Payment of return postage and any overseas duty is the responsibility of the customer.
Returns and refunds will be processed within 10 days of receipt.
Personalised and bespoke items cannot be refunded or exchanged.
Please note that quality leather ages with time and lighting conditions will change the colour. As our leather products are made from natural cow hide leather, slight grain and colour variations are to be expected.
Customers are able to cancel their order by calling +44 (0) 20 3326 9919 if they have not received confirmation that their item has been dispatched.
Once dispatched, items cannot be cancelled, but can be returned, as per the above returns – refunds and exchanges policy.
Please note that personalised and bespoke items cannot be refunded nor exchanged if they have already been dispatched.
We respect the privacy of our site users and look to treat all personal information with discretion and security. In this policy, we will set out what personal information we may collect, how we will store and use this information, and what your rights are regarding your privacy.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following personal information to continually improve our website and make using it an efficient experience. This information may include the following:
- information about your visits to, and use of, the Caracalla website, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on, or in relation to this website, including information relating to any of our goods or services that you purchase
- information that you provide when registering with us
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- any other information you voluntarily send to us
Cookies are secure text files that are used by website developers and companies to help them optimise your browsing experience on their site. When you visit a website or application, these text files are downloaded to your computer or mobile device. Your web browser will then send these files back to the website or application whenever you return in order to recognise your user-personal settings. Some cookies are required for the free movement around, and use of basic features of the website or application. Other types of cookies are used to monitor and improve the functionality and performance of the site.
Relevant cookies may also be sent from our advertisers and payment services providers.
Most web browsers will allow you to block all cookies, although some browsers will only allow you to block third party cookies. In Internet Explorer, you can block all cookies by clicking, “Tools,” “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and then selecting “Block all cookies.” However, you should be aware that choosing to block all cookies will have a negative impact on the usability and performance of many websites.
Using your personal information
- administer the website
- personalise the website to improve your browsing experience
- enable you to use Caracalla’s website services
- send you goods purchased via Caracalla’s website
- send statements and invoices and collect payments from you
- send email notifications you have specifically requested to receive from us
- provide third parties with statistical information about users in general. This information will not be used to identify any individual user
- deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the website made either by or about you
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing without your express consent.
For email marketing purposes, names and addresses for trade and customer contacts are stored in MailChimp (an email marketing database), which is used to send newsletters and marketing updates. MailChimp is a service provided by The Rocket Science Group, LLC, 512 Means Street, Suite 404, Atlanta, GA 30318, USA.
The data stored when you registered for the newsletter (email address, name, IP address, and time and date of registration) will be sent to a server operated by The Rocket Science Group in the United States and stored there in accordance with its Safe Harbour Agreement.
Further information about the data protection offered by MailChimp can be found at: http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
The retail element of Caracalla’s online platform is provided by Magento, an open-source e-commerce platform written in PHP. Magento HQ is based in 54 North Central Avenue Campbell, CA 95008, USA.
For further information about the data protection offered by Magento, visit: https://magento.com/legal/terms/privacy
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling, and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to, or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
If you no longer wish to be contacted with email marketing, please email email@example.com In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other third party websites. We hold no responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of these websites.
Please let us know if the personal information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.